Friday, February 27, 2015

Already an Eventful Day

After a day or two of being one with the vegetation within and around the apartment, I sprung back into to action. Determined that today be a productive day, I checked my bank account to find that my state return had made a belated appearance just in time to save me from the brink of starvation. Seeing that it was two early to start my exercise, I decided to make a break for the store. First I put on my coat. Then I burst outside into the freezing air and cowered back into the house. After Grabbing hold of my thicker jacket I burst forth once more.

It was at this point that the gradual build up to chaos began.Seemingly innocent ice rested on my windows, but Little did I know it was a sign of the coming winter attack on my feet. I removed the ice and gave my tires a quick glance before hopping into the car. After fighting to get out of the random pile of snow that surrounded, I precede ten feet down the road to top off my tires and behold my rear tire was completely flat. The time spent wrestling with the donut and crappy jack included with the car turned my toes into a solid block of ice. To make this battle more intense man a U-haul pulled up and became angry that I wasn't moving the car, now with one missing tire, out of his way.

Luckily a guy from the service shop arrived to start work and used his tools to speed the task along. Before I knew it I was on my way, the only real damage being the blocks of ice that had replaced my feet. Following this, I parked in the shopping center around Costco in order to wait for them to open and see how much this was going to cost me and to renew my membership. While waiting I wandered around Lowe's and chatted with a number of employees there. Eventually I transferred money out of my saving as I sunk into a slight dread over the loss. At that moment I thought, "This must be what it's like to have to pull the plug on a loved one!" With a new empathy for peoples losses I proceeded forward.

Up next I wandered into a mac store, chatted with the owner and gave some of the ladies there a good laugh or two. With 30 minutes still left till Costco opened, I grew impatient and decided to complete some of my shopping at Walmart and bought 2 gallons of milk with a gift card I had received as a gift from a few days prior. The milk only cost $4 dollars so $6 still remained for emergency.

Trying to take a smarter path back to Costco, rather than hopping back on the highway, I made multiple bad road choices and ended up looping back around and taking the highway anyway. I reached Costco waited in line, renewed my membership and waited in another line. I was then informed that if the tire could be repaired they would do it for free. This is great I thought! While waiting, I wandered the store for ramen but kept zoning out and missing it. Eventually I found the ramen and proceeded toward the check out counter.

On the way there I wound up in a pleasant conversation with a lady from Directv, who almost forgot to try and sell me the product. After a good 10-20 minutes of conversation her boss called jogging her memory a bit. After briefly mentioning the service, chats resumed. It was quite pleasant and enjoyable. Even though I was only buy ramen due to financial uncertainty I felt like I had accomplished some good shopping by time I finished. Eventually, after a long wait and picking up lunch, my car was ready and the repair was minor. Thinking God I charged home before any more surprises could hit me. All that is left now is the rest of my day!

No comments: